If you are looking for a Paleo dish to prepare for lunch I highly recommend steak and eggs. You can prepare a steak and egg dish in about 20 minutes if you have all the ingredients at your disposal. The only ingredients that you will need to prepare this dish are the following.
- butter or fat
- and condiments to add more flavor to the dish.
Before you start preparing the dish make sure to clean your kitchen and place all of the ingredients needed for this dish on top of your kitchen counter top for easy access (mise en place!). Additionally, remember to de-frost your steak for about 40 minutes before you start cooking it.
- Place a pan on the stove and set the stove to low heat.
- Place the butter or fat into the pan and cook until it starts to sizzle (2-3 minutes) then place the steak into the pan and sprinkle condiments such as pepper and salt onto the steak.
- Cook the steak to your desired level and remove from the pan.
- Crack the two eggs into the pan and place a lid over the pan to cook the top area of the eggs. The eggs will be finished in about 4 minutes.
- Put the eggs either on top of the steak or next to the steak.
- Do not over-cook the eggs; the idea is to let the egg yolk soak into the steak. Sprinkle additional condiments on to your steak and eggs and indulge.
So if you are looking for a Paleo lunch to prepare yourself consider steak and eggs. In order to improve the meal you can consider toasting some Paleo bread with almond butter. Steak and eggs is a great Paleo lunch that does not require a lot of preparation. Just make sure to de-frost the steak before you start cooking.